When gaming in an online casino in Southeast Asia like CM2Bet, gamblers can find many different games from the different gaming providers available. Dragon Tiger is one such game that rookie bettors and seasoned baccarat players in Singapore and Malaysia might love.
Dragon Tiger looks like a slimmed-down version of baccarat. The game originated in Cambodia and is one of the most popular casino games that anyone can play. It uses 5-8 standard decks of 52 cards. Gamblers can find the game through gaming providers like SA Gaming, Evolution Gaming and AE Sexy.
When looking to play a suitable alternative to live baccarat online, live Dragon Tiger online should be a good option. This is because the rules aren’t that different from baccarat, and there’s really not much to learn about the game when they already know how to play baccarat and win in Singapore and Malaysia. Still, first-time gamers can still benefit from learning the rules.
Read More: How to Play Baccarat
Dragon Tiger Rules
Dragon Tiger is a simple game where two cards are dealt. One card is dealt in the Dragon position and the other in the Tiger position. The position that gets the higher card wins. Like in baccarat, gamblers can bet on options similar to the player and banker bet. The bets are the following:
- Any side bets offered by the gaming provider
Both the Dragon and Tiger bets have a 1:1 payout, while the Tie bet has an 8:1 payout. These payouts are the same as that of baccarat, but the bets have certain rule differences from baccarat, but not extensive enough to be confusing for baccarat players.
- When bettors bet on Dragon, they win when the Dragon position has the higher hand
- When bettors bet on Tiger, they win when the Tiger position has the higher hand
- When bettors bet on either Dragon or Tiger, and both positions are tied, they lose half their bets
- When bettors bet on Tie, they win when both positions are tied
Rules on Card Values
When determining whether a hand is higher than the other, one must remember how the cards are valued in the game. Unlike in baccarat, where the max value is 9, and any double-digit hand gets deducted by 10, Dragon Tiger cards’ values range from 0 to 13. The values are the following:
- Ace – 1
- Numbers cards – have the same value as their number
- Jack – 11
- Queen – 12
- King – 13
Aces are the lowest ranking card, and the kings are the highest-ranking card. Based on this alone, gamblers shouldn’t have a hard time understanding why they won or lost their bets.
Other Bets in Dragon Tiger
Based on the demo Dragon Tiger provided by the gaming providers, CM2Bet gamblers might only be able to place Dragon, Tiger, and Tie bets. If these gaming providers allow for side bets and other bets, or if gamblers play Dragon Tiger elsewhere, they can typically place the following bets:
- Tiger Red – win if the Tiger position is dealt a red card
- Tiger Black – win if the Tiger position is dealt a black card
- Dragon Red – win if the Dragon position is dealt a red card
- Dragon Black – win if the Dragon position is dealt a black card
- Tiger Big – win if the Tiger position is dealt an eight or higher and lose if seven or lower is dealt
- Tiger Small – win if the Tiger position is dealt a six or lower and lose if seven or higher is dealt
- Dragon Big – win if the Dragon position is dealt an eight or higher and lose if seven or lower is dealt
- Dragon Small – win if the Dragon position is dealt a six or lower and lose if seven or higher is dealt
- Suited Tie – win when both Dragon and Tiger are tied and are of the same suit.
Other gaming providers might allow gamblers to place other bets, depending on the Dragon Tiger table available for play.
What to Keep in Mind When Playing Dragon Tiger
Dragon Tiger is a fairly simpler version of baccarat that Singaporean and Malaysian gamblers can play. Adapting the one-sided strategy applicable to baccarat to Dragon Tiger is a viable strategy since the chances of winning are nearly 50/50, with the Tie bet being the only complication.
Because Dragon Tiger is a simple game with simple rules, bettors who want to try playing it will need to register in one of the best online casinos in Singapore. Gaming through a reliable online casino allows gamblers access to different casino gaming providers to play other Dragon Tiger games.
Playing through CM2Bet allows gamblers to access SA Gaming and Evolution Gaming, some of the best casino gaming providers out there. Through CM2Bet, gamblers will be able to play not only baccarat in Singapore but also Dragon Tiger, one of the most popular games in Southeast Asia.