Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games worldwide due to being a relatively easy game to play. All you do is combine the values of your cards during the game. Also, it is known for having some of the best odds in gambling.
Gamblers lose while playing blackjack because they do not know blackjack basic strategy or any other strategies. Gamblers must be familiar with the blackjack strategy to win; they need to understand to win against the opponent, which is the dealer.
Moreover, there is also another strategy used in playing blackjack – the surrender strategy.
Early surrender blackjack strategy
Early surrender is a strategy that a player chooses to give up on their hand immediately right after the dealer the cards, before checking for a natural blackjack. It lets you opt-out of the hand before the dealer checks for blackjack, making it the most advantageous for surrender because it requires a player to forfeit half of their original wager.
When to opt early surrender:
- Hard 5-7
- Hard 12-17
- On pairs of 3s, 6s, 7s, or 8s. If the dealer hits on a soft 17, you should surrender with a match of 2s.
- You should also surrender against a dealer 10-valued card who has:
- Hard 14-16
- Pairs of 7s or 8s, unless the 8s come in single deck blackjack that allows for a double after split.
- In single deck blackjack, you should never surrender a 10-valued card when the dealer has 4 and a 10-valued card or 5 and 9.
- In double deck blackjack, you should never surrender a 10-valued card when the dealer has 4 and a 10-valued card.
Late surrender blackjack strategy
This strategy allows you to surrender your hand half the cost of your original bet right after the dealer checked his hand, making sure they did not get a natural blackjack. However, if the dealer already has a natural blackjack, you are no longer allowed to surrender – you will lose all your original bet.
When to use late surrender:
- When the dealer shows an Ace or 10-valued card, and you have a hand total of 15
- When the dealer shows an Ace or 10-valued card, and you have a hand total of 16 (including a pair of 8’s)
- When the dealer shows an Ace, and you have a hand total of 17
- In single deck blackjack, when the dealer stands on a soft 17 – if the dealer shows a 9, 10-valued card, or an Ace, and you have a hand total of 15
- In single deck blackjack, when the dealer shows a 9, and you have a hand total of 16
- In single deck blackjack, when the dealer stands on a soft 17 – if the dealer shows 9 or 10-valued card, and you have a hand total of 17
Singaporean gamblers only need to trust and register to a reliable site for online gaming Singapore to ensure that they can have a good time playing blackjack online. Register now at www.cm2bet.com and try playing our wide variety of casino games. If anyone wants to try their hand in sports betting and Singapore Pools horse racing, they can also register on the same site to access different sportsbooks like CMDBET, SBOBET, IBCBET, and M8BET.