Many casino players lose big when they play blackjack, mainly because they don’t know how to play the game. Successful gamblers know how to bet, hit, stand, double down, split, or surrender. The typical gambler tends to stand when they should hit or refrain from splitting when they could have won more if they did.
One reason why people lose playing blackjack is that they don’t know basic strategy. Basic strategy was created using a computer simulation through millions of blackjack hands to show the mathematical probability of beating the dealer. The system works by telling the blackjack player what to do for every possible card combination.
Basic strategy is a blackjack strategy instrumental for what gamblers use to beat the dealer, card counting. It’s essential to understand basic strategy if gamblers want to win against the casino.
What is Basic Strategy?
Basic strategy tells gamblers when they can hit, stand, double down, split pairs, or surrender to help increase their chances of winning. Because basic strategy is derived from a computer simulation where a computer is taught how to play blackjack and was told to play millions of hands in blackjack, gamblers can rest assured that the casino will be at a disadvantage as a result.
It is not a sure way to beat the dealer since players need to learn card counting to beat them. However, skipping basic strategy will keep gamblers from beating the casino since it’s the foundation to beat the game.
Basic strategy helps people win more money and lose less in the game. It provides the mathematically correct decisions a player should make to keep their losses low.
How to Use Basic Strategy?
Gamblers need to memorize basic strategy perfectly if they want to use basic strategy. Not even knowing 80 or 90% of basic strategy is enough to use it, so people must fully memorize it. The gambler has to be intentional in learning this since they’ll have to commit basic strategy to memory if they want to win big and lose small.
It’s not easy to learn the strategy, but multiple websites aim to help gamblers understand basic strategy. There are different charts available to help people understand how to use basic strategy.
After learning basic strategy, gamblers will need to learn more blackjack rules and deviations relating to the game’s specific rules. Learning basic strategy first lets people have an easier time transitioning to other rules-specific charts.
How to Memorize Basic Strategy
Memorizing basic strategy may prove difficult; fortunately, some websites help people have an easy time remembering basic strategy rules. The following are the rules to remember for basic strategy.
– 16 surrenders against dealer 9 through ace, or else don’t surrender
– 15 surrenders against dealer 10, or else don’t surrender
– Always split aces
– Never split tens
– Two 9’s splits against dealer 2 through 9, except for 7, or else stand
– Always split 8’s
– Two 7’s splits against dealer 2 through 7, or else hit
– Two 6’s splits against dealer 2 through 6, or else hit
– Two 5’s doubles against dealer 2 through 9 or else hit
– Two 4’s splits against dealer 5 and 6, or else hit
– Two 3’s splits against dealer 2 through 7, or else hit
Two 2’s splits against dealer 2 through 7, or else hit
Any hand that has an ace where the ace counts as 11 to start.
– Soft 20 always stands
– Soft 19 doubles against dealer 6, or else stand
– Soft 18 doubles against dealer 2 through 6, and hits against 9 through ace, or else stand
– Soft 17 doubles against dealer 3 through 6 or else hit
– Soft 16 doubles against dealer 4 through 6 or else hit
– Soft 15 doubles against dealer 4 through 6 or else hit
– Soft 14 doubles against dealer 5 through 6 or else hit
– Soft 13 doubles against dealer 5 through 6 or else hit
Any hand that does not have an ace to start or has been dealt an ace can only be counted as 1.
– 17 and up always stands
– 16 stands against dealer 2 through 6 or else hit
– 15 stands against dealer 2 through 6 or else hit
– 14 stands against dealer 2 through 6 or else hit
– 13 stands against dealer 2 through 6 or else hit
– 12 stands against dealer 4 through 6 or else hit
– 11 always doubles
– 10 doubles against dealer 2 through 9 or else hit
– 9 doubles against dealer 3 through 6 or else hit
– 8 always hits
Singaporean gamblers need only to register in a trustworthy Singapore casino to ensure that they can have a good time playing blackjack online. Register now at www.cm2bet.com and try playing our wide variety of casino games.